Low cost solution to program Spartan 3AN DSP development board AES-SPEEDWAY-S3ADSP-SK

Yes, how many times I don't write here, maybe about 6 years, from my thesis on a qpsk modulator on a Virtex

1000, I don't know if they still write here but in the case my greetings to Ray Andraka and Brian Philosky that helps me during that job. In Italy there wasn't and there isn't so much opportunity to work on fpga so actually my job is different, but I'm trying to renew my experience on fpga so last week I buy a Spartan 3AN DSP development board AES-SPEEDWAY-S3ADSP-SK from Silica for about 235euro. But I've not the cable to program it, so I ask to Silica that suggest me the
for 140 euros but my budget for personal training is ended, can you suggest me some cheaper solution to program that board ?? Many Thanks

Antonio D'Ottavio www.etantonio,it

Reply to
etantonio

Antonio,

Not supported by Xilinx software (you must use the Digilent drivers):

See the programming cables at the middle of the page.

You need to create the files, then leave ISE, enter the Digilent programming utility, and then download the file.

Aust> Yes,

Reply to
austin

I'm in trouble, do you think that could be possible to program the FPGA from ethernet for this board ? Thanks,

Antonio

Etantonio

only if you have JTAT programmer with internet connection

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Antonio; According to the Xilinx web site

prod_mktg/pn2029.pdf), the Spartan-3AN board comes with a USB programming cable. Or you can use the Digilent programming cable, as Austin suggested.

-Dave Pollum

Reply to
Dave Pollum

Thanks Dave the board I've is the dsp version,

and there's not usb cable to download the bitstream to the board,

at the moment Xilinx and Digilent seems to be the lonely possible solutions.

Reply to
Etantonio