Low cost Improved Parallel Cable 3 PCB + El Cheapo CPLD card

Not a great thrill but I've made some improved Xilinx Parallel 3 clones if anyone is interested.

Improvements:

R/C followed by Schmitt trigger on TCK

Simple shunt voltage regulator on local power allowing use of HC with approx TTL input thresholds instead of HCT logic so it works reliably with from 2.5V to 5V JTAG VIO

Price $9.95 assembled (no cables) $2.00 bare PCB

Also a simple CPLD card for $9.95 assembled $2.00 bare PCB

XC9572XL-PC44 CPLD

2 x 26 pin I/O connectors - all I/O available

4 speed R/C oscillator

4 buffered LEDS

Optional 48 MHz Xtal OSC add $4 (13.95 assembled)

pushbutton.

Peter Wallace

Reply to
Peter Wallace