Looking for low-cost protoboards.

Hi, I was looking for some low-cost FGPA board for a home project. What I need it to have is

-USB 2.0

-Analog output/input (either)

-optionally several switches, leds, maybe display, but not necessary if has nice software control

-possibly pins to access FPGA ports directly, like a 40 or 50 pin connector

What I've found so far is

- nice looking small board for under $200, which does not have analog ports. Thank you in advance

Reply to
lomtik

Hi, protel demo board ?

usmgn

"lomtik" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
usmgn

"lomtik" wrote in news:1105553514.301760.36010 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

What is your board going to do? We have a new DSP (SHARC ADSP-2126x) and Altera Cyclone module and board coming out very soon. It is designed for embedded applications. Details will be on our web site in the next few weeks.

--
Al Clark
Danville Signal Processing, Inc.

this one looks like what I've been looking for a while (a bigger FPGA would be better but what can i do ? ;o) However, anyone knows whats the status of the USBhigh-speed drivers for Linux ? XEM3001's apparently using Cypress CY68013 FX2 - is it supported under Linux ?

lukasz

Reply to
Lukasz Salwinski

make nice Xilinx boards and peripherals for very low cost.

Reply to
pm940

That would depend on how you program it. Class drivers for all the major types of devices exist, so if you program the FX2 to look like a serial port, or a hard drive, and you properly set the class ID in [r]enumeration, it'll just work.

If you program it differently, there's libusb which allows you to write "drivers" in user space, built into your app. libusb lets you fiddle with the low-level USB communications straight from your app, elimininating the need for a kernel-mode driver, but restricting operation to your application (or library, if you write your "driver" as one).

I haven't played with the FX2 personally yet, my devel board hasn't arrived from Bulgaria(!)

yet, probably next week. I've done a fair bit of research in advance of getting it though (and I've written Linux kernel drivers before)... ;-)

The interesting thing about the FX2 in conjunction with an FPGA is its AUTO mode, which is used by

the project that alerted me to the ELRAsoft board. His firmware literally consists of setting up a bunch of registers, then executing an inifinite loop flashing an LED. The FX2's FIFO handles everything else, clocked from the external device.

TTYL, Omega aka Erik Walthinsen

Reply to
Erik Walthinsen

Lukasz

An alpha release of the Linux API and drivers (they rely on libusb

has been released for Fedora Core 3 and SuSE 9.2, though they shoul work on distributions with similar gcc / library setups

The release includes the C++, Python, and Java APIs

Cheers

Jake Janovet Opal Kelly Incorporate

Reply to
Jake