Looking for *application* development environment w/FPGA

Hi,

I've been asked to develop software applications for a company who's main product is silicon IP, implemented on ~40k logic cells on Altera or Xilinx.

Their current development environment is the ARM Integrator, which, for the applications I've been asked to develop, is *way* overkill (and overpriced).

So, what platforms are available for such development? My ideal platform would have the following:

  1. FPGA with ~40k cells available for programming
  2. ARM9 CPU
  3. Linux BSP (VxWorks and WindowsCE nice-to-have)
  4. Color LCD display (PDA-style)

Instead of (1) above, I'll also settle for an AMBA bus interface, so that I can plug in a small daghterboard with our own FPGA.

TIA,

snipped-for-privacy@gmx.net

Reply to
ronys