Limitations of Quartus II V3.0 Web

Hi guys,

I'm trying to simulate a block-based design with Altera's Quartus II
V3.0 Web version, however I cannot seem to simulate beyond 100ns
irrespective of what end points I set for the default and for the
current project.

I've also tried editing the vector waveform file timing parameters
after generation and Quartus disregards these and ends the simualtion
at 100ns.  It seems far too controlled to be a bug so I can only
assume its a limitation of the free version.  Can anyone confirm this?

If it is a limitation of the free version are there any *reliable*
third party simulators for reasonable money?  I'm sitting on my hands
as far as this project goes until I resolve this.

Kindest regards,
Chris Bailes
(Design Engineer, Studio Systems Electronics LTD).

Re: Limitations of Quartus II V3.0 Web

I not yet tried version 3, but the past free version does'nt have
such restrictions.
However 100 ns is the default limit, but I can change it as I want.

Re: Limitations of Quartus II V3.0 Web
Remember that you need to adjust the end time and THEN create the vectors
with a longer end time otherwise the simulator will think it has no more
vectors to simulate and will finish.

That said, the Quartus simulator is painful in comparison with some of the
$$$ products.

Re: Limitations of Quartus II V3.0 Web

Hi Chris,

   There is no limit on the Simulation End Time in Quartus II 3.0 Web
Edition product. Please make sure you do the following:

1. Open the waveform editor on your channel and use the Edit->End Time
command to set the end time correctly.
2. Use the Assignment->Settings command and then choose Simulator
Settings->Time/Vectors. Set the Simulation Period to Run Simulation
until all vector stimuli are used.

- Subroto Datta
Altera Corp.

Re: Limitations of Quartus II V3.0 Web
On 13 Aug 2003 15:13:57 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@altera.com (Subroto Datta)

Hi , is there a detailed list of the differences between the free web
Quartus and the paid version ... I have not been able to find this ...
it seems it must be available since Altera wants to sell the full
version ... thanks for any help ... CB

Site Timeline