Library unit VPKG is not available in library UNISIM

I am trying to synthesize a code using ISE which contains a component fifo the fifo code is the following

-- synopsys translate_off library IEEE; use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_1164.ALL; library UNISIM; use UNISIM.VCOMPONENTS.ALL; use UNISIM.VPKG.ALL;

entity ifo is .................... .............. end ifo

ARCHITECTURE st of ifo is ......... ........ end st

-- synopsys translate_on

If I run the above code using ise it doesnt recognize the component at all. If I remove the line sysnopsys translate_off then it gives me following error Library unit VPKG is not available in library UNISIM

any ideas? Thanks

-D

Reply to
dhruvakshad

Don't use VPKG, and put the translate_off/on only around the unisim stuff (in this case "synthesis" is a synonym for "synopsys"):

library IEEE; use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_1164.ALL;

-- synthesis translate_off library UNISIM; use UNISIM.VCOMPONENTS.ALL;

-- synthesis translate_on

Reply to
Duane Clark