Library Mapping

Hi,

I want to perform a timing simulation in Modelsim.

For that purpose it is necessary to do a library mapping for the Altera Cyclone library.

In Modelsim (Altera 5.7e) there is a library called "Cyclone", I think it is a precompiled library.

When reading the Altera Modelsim manual there is explained the following:

"If using Model Technology's Modelsim, first create the device family library and map it to the work library. Next compile the device family ATOM library files into the device family library. Refer to the section titled "Location of Simulation Libraries" for the location of these files".

Location of Timing Simulation Libraries for ModelSim-Altera for VHDL LIBRARY VHDL cyclone d:\programs\modelsim57e\altera\vhdl\cyclone\

That sound somehow confusing to me. My questions:

  1. How can I create a device family library if it already exists?
  2. How can I compile the ATOM library files into the device family library?

Without the mapping of course I get the following error message: #**Fatal: SDF files require Altera primitive library

I would appreciate your help.

Kind regards

Reply to
ALuPin