LF: Affordable Development Board

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get my hands on a cheap fpga development board... I'm a university student at Carleton U. in Ottawa so I can't afford anything to fancy (tuition fees drained my pocket). Anyways... if anyone can direct me to someone or some merchant I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Nadeem

Reply to
Nadeem Douba

Check the archive starting from November 17th, there was a thread called "Is this a good prototype kit?"...

/Mikhail

Anyways...

Reply to
MM

Take a look at this one

Jean

Anyways...

Reply to
Jean Nicolle

Hi Nadeem,

The Altera University Program will set you up with a 10K70 based board, Quartus Web Edition & the download cable etc. for $149 US. It includes MaxPlusII as well, but you'll be better off learning Altera's latest CAD system, Quartus, instead. See

You can also get more expensive boards from

The $395 Cyclone C20 and $495 Stratix S10 based boards aren't too expensive, but have reasonable sized FPGAs on them.

Vaughn

Reply to
Vaughn Betz