Legacy support of a Max 7000S

Group,

I have the need to copy a Max 7000s device that was originally developed under Max+Plus II. I am not able to locate the original project file (my bad) but I do have a working device that I can copy from. Originally the device was programmed under Max+Plus II using a byteblaster cable, but today I only have a USB blaster.

My problem appears to be a double whammy: that Max+Plus II does not seem to support the USB Blaster and Quartus does not support the Examine feature for 7000S devices (according to what I discovered in a search of this group). I am presenlty at a loss for ideas.

If anyone has any suggestions of how I could copy this device, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Reply to
Noway2

Both pathways must have a means to verify a device. The question you need to ask, is "has the device you have been secured?"

Surely not ?

Idea #1 : Find/Build a cable that MAX+II does support Idea #2 : Look harder for the source file(s)

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

JG,

Thank you for the suggestion. It turns out that building an old style programmer would be pretty easy. As I am still unable to locate the original design files, I am likely going to go that route.

Reply to
Noway2