Learning new stuff about FPGA

Hi everybody,

I am beginner in FPGA design ( about 1 year of experience in VHDL design), I enjoy my job but (there is always a but) I think I don't learn a lot of new thing about FPGA since I have been out of my last internship . So why I would like to know which book or website could you recommand me to enhance my knowledge. I' d like to learn about multiple clock domain design, making constraint (not only put a time constraint), interfacing fpga with the 'real wolrd' and all that hint & tips that make the difference betwen a good design and a beginner like me.

Thanks you for help!

Alexis

Reply to
kcl

Hi Alexis,

You'll learn more by implementing real world designs. Your real world FPGA designs should be parts of real world products. That way you'll also learn about important aspects of engineering like marketing, customer interaction and support.

Also, get yourself a mentor, i.e. someone who already knows about logic design and HDLs and can point out the pitfalls before you waste a lot of time with negative "learning experiences."

Regards, Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman

Sorry, my point was that this sort of learning doesn't come from books or websites. That isn't to say that you shouldn't read though :)

Another thing I forgot: it usually isn't apparent to neophytes that verification takes up a significant part of a development schedule.

Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman

Hendra