LCD test on Spartan 3E FPGA

Hi, I got a problem that I cannot understand how to display on the LCD of Sp artan 3E FPGA. Then, how to get the inputs and outputs of a 16-bit Ripple C arry Adder to show on LCD? Please any one who has known/dealt with this pr oblem, just let me know. I appreciate that. Thanks. Best regards, Tung

Reply to
Tung Thanh Le

To my knowledge there is no Spartan 3E FPGA with built-in LCD. So you probably have a board with a Spartan, an LCD and possibly other stuff. To get some more meaningfull answers, you'll have to tell us some details of the board you are using. What kind of LCD, how is it connected to the Spartan, that sort of info.

It would also be appreciated if you tell us more about the context of your question. Homework? Commercial? Hobby? Other?

There has been an alarming increase in the number of things you know
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Stef

f Spartan 3E FPGA. Then, how to get the inputs and outputs of a 16-bit Ripp le Carry Adder to show on LCD? Please any one who has known/dealt with thi s problem, just let me know. I appreciate that. Thanks.

mail)

Hi Stef, Thank you for your reply. I am using Spartan 3E Starter Kit with LCD con trol. The thing that I am not familiar with this kind of indirect control L CD through its KCPSM3. This is the material links, please take a look at th is and please let me know how to cope with the LCD. Thanks.

Best regards, Tung

Reply to
Tung Thanh Le

of Spartan 3E FPGA. Then, how to get the inputs and outputs of a 16-bit Ri pple Carry Adder to show on LCD? Please any one who has known/dealt with t his problem, just let me know. I appreciate that. Thanks.

by mail)

ontrol. The thing that I am not familiar with this kind of indirect control LCD through its KCPSM3. This is the material links, please take a look at this and please let me know how to cope with the LCD. Thanks.

In addition, it actually is my homework, but the deadline was over but I st ill not figure out yet, and I want to know how to control the LCD through t he board with sequence data, not only some characters as in its tutorial, s o it turns to my hobby now :). Appreciate for the help. Thanks. Best regards, Tung

Reply to
Tung Thanh Le

I believe that there is a board named after the Spartan 3E that it contains. The name of the company selling the board would narrow it down a little bit.

As well as I know it, LCDs need to be continuously refreshed, but the usual boards have a display with built-in control logic. I believe, then, to use that logic you have to send the data serially (maybe one digit at a time) to the display device. That usually means a latch and a shift register.

-- glen

Reply to
glen herrmannsfeldt