Lattice XO3D New

It looks like Lattice has announced a new FPGA product that suits my needs.
  I've always preferred non-BGA devices because they complicate the PCB fab
rication with the need for fine pitch and very small vias.  These devices s
eem to be aimed at products requiring high security, but the other aspects
suit me to a tee.

There are two size devices, about 4000 LUTs and about 9000 LUTs.  Both devi
ces are available in a 72 pin QFP with 0.5 mm pitch.

I've asked for pricing and schedule.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: Lattice XO3D New
I like other aspect of it -crypto.

As in, one could make the deisgns that allow the code to be downloaded at c
ustomers premises without violating security or owner's IP.

But for some reason all that XO2/3/3D stuff seems  expensive, compared to E
CP5...

Also, they seem to overcharge and underutilize FLASH on board.

If all that config flash is on the chip, whyis it so awkward to use it for
user data ? I think these things are doone at 28nm, which should sout the F
LASH just fine. Why is it not accessible through, say, 64-bit bus or as som
e kinf of FLASH-block ( similar to RAM-blocks) ?

And, as you've noticed, it would be nice to see those things in LQFP-144...

At reasonable price.

Re: Lattice XO3D New
 customers premises without violating security or owner's IP.
 ECP5...
r user data ? I think these things are doone at 28nm, which should sout the
 FLASH just fine. Why is it not accessible through, say, 64-bit bus or as s
ome kinf of FLASH-block ( similar to RAM-blocks) ?
..

Please don't say QFP-144.  That is the package so often available for non-B
GA packaging because of the I/O count I'm sure.  It's a monster and won't e
ven fit on the boards I make.  A small 0.5 mm QFN is the sort of packaging
I think is needed more in the FPGA world.

I don't build products with 64 bit external buses or wide memory interfaces
.  I need FPGAs that can fit in sockets that otherwise would be suitable fo
r MCUs.

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: Lattice XO3D New
You might be interested in gowin's program, especially their LittleBee series.

To me, it looks like they've nailed.

To me, this is everything that MachXO3 should have been...

https://www.gowinsemi.com/en/

Re: Lattice XO3D New
Have you worked out where to buy parts from Gowin? They have a small set
of third rate distributors, none of whom seem to hold stock.
The US distributor (edge Electronics), lists some prices that look OK,
but they have no parts.
Until they get parts into a distributor I've heard of, not much use.

MK

Re: Lattice XO3D New

For some reason all their parts are listed as discontinued at LCSC:
https://lcsc.com/brand-detail/11936.html

(I haven't used LCSC as such, but I've used their PCB arm JLCPCB.com and
they've been fine.  It's all prototyping orders, though, not production)

Theo

Re: Lattice XO3D New

I can't even download anything.  They tell you to sign up but once I fill in the form it tells me I haven't filled in everything.  Their chat is down.  I give up.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: Lattice XO3D New