Lattice Semiconductor XP2 Brevia 2 help on keyboard controller

I have an IBM Model-F capacitive keyboard. I would like to design my own keyboard controller for it. I understand logically how to do it, but I need help with the mechanics.

Would somebody be interested in helping me?

I have a mod which makes the layout more like traditional keyboards, except I replaced the single enter key on the numpad with two keys as there were capacitive sensors there on both key slots. There are also additional capacitive sensors between the arrow keys to the left of the numpad where the white casing exists presently. It was a very nice keyboard, and it still works mechanically and is in good condition.

The keyboard controller was bad. I bought a replacement and in the process of soldering it up damaged it. I decided to create my own keyboard controller with the Lattice XP2 Brevia 2 board, and I've found some wiring information on the keyboard:

Modified keyboard layout:

Information on the physical board's wiring (page 3 in pdf):

Thank you in advance.

Thank you, Rick C. Hodgin

Reply to
Rick C. Hodgin

Here's where I'm beginning:

Thank you, Rick C. Hodgin

Reply to
Rick C. Hodgin

I've had some ideas about keyboard arrangements I'd like to see made in a Model-F-like capacitance design:

They are 256-key, 207-key, 191-key, 167-key designed for developers and content creators (F1 to F24, and lots of macro and general purpose key assignments pace), along with 135-key and 115-key keyboards for general purpose use.

I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you in advance.

Thank you, Rick C. Hodgin

Reply to
Rick C. Hodgin

There's a new thread I've started on deskthority.net, which will relate to the development of these products:

Current design. I've changed the key orientation along the left, and added the red and blue square buttons previously only on the 256-key keyboard to all of them:

Thank you, Rick C. Hodgin

Reply to
Rick C. Hodgin