large integer support in GNUPro for Altera Nios software development

Hello, I'm trying do implement some large integer operation (Multiple-precision arithmetic) in Nios software application (modular addition, multiplication and inverse). I'd found a few complicated library files and it's work perfectly in Windows and Linux environment. When I try to compile by using GNUPro compiler, a lot of standard header files is missing. Does anybody know solutions for this problem? Or any simpler source code accompany with step by step instruction for beginner?

Reply to
Maxlim

I would tackle it one .h file at time. Do a search and make sure you don't already have the required header files, but your compiler search path is not including their location. Then, if you don't have them, start copying them over from the working systems. Or possibly do a search on sourceforge, etc.

You could also post the particular header filenames here with for better help.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Land

Thanks a lot, Ken. I tried to copy all header files needed by the library into nios-gnupro/nios-elf/include folder when the compiler asking for those files. After I'd done that, a lot of errors appeared. It seem like the library files for multi-precision arithmetic is not supported by GNUPro compiler. Is there any other multi-precision arithmetic library files available for GNUPro compiler?

Reply to
Maxlim

Hi Maxlim,

I am still not sure what you mean by "multi-precision" - you you mean "floating point"?? The GNU toolset/GCC compiler/associated libraries do support floating point math. Declaring a variable as "float", "double", or "long long" (fixed point) should work. There is also a library include, 'math.h' which provides more advanced math beyond the basic arithmetic and logical operands (this is getting into the area where the rednat/gnupro documentation should cover things). One piece of advice I can give you is that all the paths required for default libraries should be setup when you installed Nios -- so copying library files around might cause more harm than good.

Jesse Kempa Altera Corp. jkempa at altera dot com

Reply to
Jesse Kempa