lancelot VGA daughter board for altera nios dev board

Hi,

I wonder who is using lancelot daughter board for altera bios dev board? Can we exchange email for discussion?I have many problem about this. I am green to FPGA system design.

San

Reply to
San San

board?

There is a mailing list for the Lancelot at

. It's not very active most of the time, but if you post questions there you might get some useful help. Other than that, I'd suggest posting to this newsgroup before looking at private email discussions - you'll reach more people who could help, and any information or ideas is available to others (both in the newsgroup and in google searches). If the discussion starts getting too detailed and specific, then it can be moved to email.

I got the Lancelot reference design up and running fairly easily on the Cyclone nios board, although I wasn't so successful in my attempts to fiddle with the setup (such as changing the refresh rates).

Reply to
David Brown

Most certainly. H. Peter Anvin started a mailing list for the Lancelot

  • Altera Nios Dev boards (see below) that you should join. Framebuffer graphics is pretty easy (mine is about a page). Sounds is interesting, but HPAs Sigma-delta converter is on the Lancelot page. PS/2 kbd and mouse is mostly a software issue, but HPAs ABC80 supports keyboard.

Tommy

Here the call from participation:

Hi all,

I have no idea how big this community is, but I've been trying to set up a mailing list for people who hack the Altera NIOS kits (APEX/Cyclone/Stratix) and especially using the Lancelot boards from

This may sound rather restrictive, but the hope is that there will be enough of a group that we can trade designs around.

The subscription/archives page is at:

I hope we can get some people together, at least.

-hpa

Reply to
Tommy Thorn

what is frame buffer?