JTAG - XC2S200E-PQ208

Dear Sir/ Madame,

We have the following problem and we hope you could help us.

On the printed board, produced by our Institute, we have installed the microchip XC2S200E-PQ208. In order to download our project we have installed WebPack 6.2i and connected to XC2S200E-PQ208 via port JTAG by Parallel Cable III.

In the program IMACT in the microchips autodetection mode this microchip was detected as XCV200E with identification 10A1C093 .

What is wrong? Whether the microchip is nor working correctly or software is not correct? Or any other problem?

What is the identification of microchip XC2S200E-PQ208?

We will greatly appreciate any help of you !

With respect and the best wishes,

Oleg Slonsky.

Reply to
Oleg Slonsky

use service pack 3 of webpack 6.2i -> would be better !

Laurent

Amontec Team

On a sunny day (Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:17:41 -0700) it happened "Antti Lukats" wrote in :

On that site it says to search for XAP694. You need to search for XAPP694 however. JP

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

As per Xilinx Answer Record 12995:

Q. When I initialize my JTAG chain in iMPACT, why does iMPACT identify a Spartan-II/E device as a Virtex/-E?

A. Spartan-II and Virtex have identical IDCODEs, and are therefore indistinguishable in a JTAG chain. (The same holds true for Spartan-IIE and Virtex-E.) You may continue to program the Spartan-II/E device normally by assigning the Spartan-II/E bit file in iMPACT.

Shal> Dear Sir/ Madame,

Reply to
Shalin Sheth

[snip] ...we have XC2S200 ...

was

xilinx (sw) is wrong! simply disregard this message!

xilinx.openchip.org

Reply to
Antti Lukats