JTAG ID code 0xFFFFFFFF

Hi,

I need some help with my Altera Dev Kit (STRATIX DSP S80 Development Board Rev 1.2). I no longer seem to be able to program my device. It was working properly until I started getting the following error:

"Error: Can't configure device. Expected JTAG ID code 0x20070DD for device 1, but found JTAG ID code 0xFFFFFFFF."

Also, when I use the "Auto Detect" feature of Quartus II Programmer, I get "EPS180/_HARDCOPY_FPGA_PROTOTYPE" instead of the actual device name EP1S80B9C656.

Does this mean that my development kit is toast, or am I missing something here ? Has anyone seen such an error before ?I would greatly appreciate any help !!

I am using Altera ByteBlaster II programming cable. Replacing the cable with a new one doesn't help either.

Thanks, Vijay.

Reply to
BERT

Benjamin Todd

Thanks for your help ! I moved to a different computer and now I am able to program the device, and everything works properly. Very strange ... My previous computer was a 10-15 year old laptop, and the parallel-port is probably not working properly.

Reply to
BERT

Ah! I'm pleased you got it sorted.

A colleague of mine had a very similar issue due to the voltage levels of parallel ports being different from one machine to another.. 3.3 versus 5.0 or so - it was going to be my next suggestion to try a different computer.

Ben

Reply to
Benjamin Todd