JTAG - Boundary Scan s/w using Byteblaster or Parallel 4 cable

Does anyone know of any software, ideally freeware, which can use the above JTAG interfaces to exercise other JTAG interfaces on non FPGA devices?

In my case I'd like to read the state of pins on an unrelated device.

Reply to
Fred

Fred schrieb:

why cant you just use a STAPL player??

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Many thanks.

I'm not familiar with Jam code and was hoping for a more friendly interface for a beginner.

Reply to
Fred

Jam code etc seems to be dominated by Altera. What I hoped would be a useful website

jumps straight to Altera.

There also doesn't seem to be much information on the Jam language :-(

Reply to
Fred

Fred schrieb:

STAPL=JAM

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Fred schrieb:

There is JTAG code in the not very active open source project "open wince".

Kolja

Reply to
Kolja Sulimma

I use

which lets me toggle pins with a view of the schematic - if netlist avaialble.. It works both with Xilynx Pciii/pc4 and altera byteblaster (no USB though). they have all the FPGA device JTAG files (bsdl) in their libraries.

you can get a 90 day eval license and I just renew the eval license. They don't seem to care, i've renewed six times. I think they are interested in bigger fish and not their main business.

Kim

Reply to
fpgaguy