JTAG access from user design in Altera FPGAs

Hi,

does somebody know, how to access the JTAG port from a user design (VHDL) in Altera FPGA (cyclone 4)?

TIA

Ludwig

Reply to
Ludwig Hügelschäfer

I don't know, if you can use the JTAG port as normal pins, as you can do with some of the configuration pins after configuration, but you can use a megafunction to communicate over the JTAG protocol with your entities:

Frank Buss, http://www.frank-buss.de
electronics and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/frankbuss
Reply to
Frank Buss

Thanks a lot, that's exactly what I have looked for!

Ludwig

Reply to
Ludwig Hügelschäfer