JESD204A and Spartan-6 GTPs

Hi,

I read the application note ?Virtex-5 FPGA Interface to JESD204A Compliant ADC?.

I?m designing a pcb with a JESD204A NXP DAC linked to Spartan-6 GTP Dual tiles.

I try to know If I?m actually going to be able to implement this interface in Spartan-6.

For example, in the application note, the REFCLKOUT is used to feed some FPGA Logic (in Virtex-5) but I can read from UG386 p93(for Spartan-6) that I should not use this output?

In general terms, Is there any important difference between Virtex-5 and Spartan-6 that would prevent me from implementing the JESD204A interface in Spartan-6?

Thanks a lot for any indication that could help,

YH

YH