ISSI SRAM.

Hi,

I have a simple question about memory organization. I would like to write a memory controller for IS61LV25616AL SRAM (256K x 16) but I am having trouble understanding how the memory organization works.

Datasheet says the memory is organized as 262,144 words by 16 bits which is 256K x 16 but what does that mean in terms of rows and columns ?

Is there a memory tutorial that someone can point me to ? or maybe a memory controller that someone has written for an SRAM ?

Thanks,

Reply to
ertw

That's an SRAM, not an SDRAM. There are exactly as many address lines as required to address 256k locations. It also doesn't appear to be pipelined, so you just need to make sure that your controller meets the setup & hold requirements of the part, and registers the read data at the appropriate time.

Reply to
radarman