isplever and GAL

Hi everybody,

I bought the isplever 5.0 to develope a project with a lattice cpld, serie ispmach. I used the schematic approach, and after some attempts, everything went well, and I got my cpld programmed and working. Now I need to put down a simple logic with a GAL16V8, using the schematic, but despite everybody says the ISPlever environment is simple and user-friendly, with some shame I must admit I could not get my project done. Apparently I don't find a way to assign the pin number of the real device at each point of my simple combinatory net. I previously only used the programmable logic design tool of my old Orcad4 under Dos, where I just wrote the pin assignments using simple text, in the schematic page, each row starting with a pipe. That approach doesn't work with the schematic editor in ISPlever, and I am not able to find a tutorial or some hint in the ISPlever Help.

Any suggestion?

Bye Strelnikov

Come da oggetto: qualcuno ha pratica del pacchetto lattice isplever per progettare gal? Sono riuscito a utilizzarlo per le cpld senza troppi problemi, e adesso mi sto bloccando su una 16v8 probabilmente per qualche problema stupido... non ci sono tutorial per le gal e l'help è assolutamente laconico a riguardo...

Reply to
Strelnikov

I think it would be easiest to use Abel for a Gal device. You can find examples undert c:/ispTools/examples/spld/gal

Alternatively you could also just use a 32 m/c device like a 4032v and do a schematic. Cost would likely be just a little more.

Teo

Reply to
Teo

Do you know if the ABEL flows also work on the new MachXO ?

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Hi jg,

to my understanding, NO ! just for you I created a test project in ispLEVER SP1 with Sch/Abel as toplevel and machXO can not be selected as target. when sch/VHDL is toplevel then I can select machXO OK, so I assume the abel flow is not supported for XO unless there is hidden backdoor to enable it.

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

My questin is: should I be able to write down some lines in abel, or can I use just the schematic and assign the pins somehow, like I was used to do with the pld tool under Orcad4?

bye Strelnikov

"Teo" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Strelnikov