ISO Free cores repository

I have generally kept away from fpga technologies because I thought the use of any core requires a purchase. I discovered recently the

8051 core is available for free.

What other cores are available for free or noncommercial use? I have DSPs, 32-bit MCUs, dacs, ethernet and atm controllers etc in mind...

Reply to
Ghazan Haider

John Williams

A lot of open cores *aren't* on opencores. Opencollector attempts to list them all:

Regards, Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman

Ah yes - good catch.

John

Reply to
John Williams

Thanks.

I see a few cpu cores there available for free. I wonder if selling a

80386sx core will be seen in the near future... should require a rather large fpga.
Reply to
Ghazan Haider