ISE WebPack 8.1i

Hi all! Does anybody knows why the Xilinx ISE Foundation 8.1i is already released but not the ISE WebPack 8.1i ?

Mehdi

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™

GaLaKtIkUs? schrieb:

Hi, because it was always so... :-)

Paying custumers are served first.

But if 8.1 is already released the webpack will follow short after.

be patient Eilert

Reply to
backhus

I'm a paying customer! I have now the BaseX 7.1i!!! I don't need the full ISE since I'm using an FX12 Virtex-4 B-) I'm patiently waiting.... Another question about ISE8.1i: are the dynamic reconf functions standard functions or only available as an option?

Mehdi

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™

"GaLaKtIkUsT" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

bad luck for you, BaseX is gone away from now, so you are downgraded to WebPack meaning you longer are an paying customer (unless you upgrade to 8.1 Foundation).

8.1 is available but through ESD or your FAE, but I bet the paying BaseX owners still have to wait.

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Several people here have said that, but when I go to the ESD page, it isn't listed. I called Xilinx, and they said that 8.1i is NOT available for ESD yet. I'm confused.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Smith

could be, but the FAEs have access that is 99.9% sure, but the confusion sure is there. Also the making the paid BaseX owners from now on proud own of 'paid' free WebPack, I bet there are some not so happy customers...

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Xilinx Virtex December newsletter says: ISE customers can obtain partial reconfiguration capability by contacting their local FAEs.

dunno why...

Reply to
Stephane

I can confirm 8.1 availability 100%. I already have it installed on my machine. We had just purchased 7.1 like 3 months back, and we got an email last week which included a download link for a 1.5GB installable image (common to all supported OSes). It took me a while to successfull download the entire image, but as of two days back, I have had it running. Havent put it thru the paces yet, though, so I dunno if theres a significant improvement from the mess that 7.1 was.

-Abgoyal

Reply to
abgoyal