ISE Simulator radix question

The default radix on waveforms is decimal and although I can right click the waveforms and change the radix to hex, it reverts back to decimal if I resimulate the design.

Is there any way in the test bench VHDL file, or anywhere else, I can force the radix to remain to be hexadecimal?

Reply to
Fred

If you mean ISE/modelsim, the command is

radix hex

at the modelsim prompt.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

Many thanks for your reply.

I'm using the ISE Simulator and thought Modelsim was a different simulator. Using ISE Navigator there doesn't seem to be prompt where I can enter such text.

Reply to
Fred

You can change the radix of a bus to display it as binary, hexadecimal, decimal (signed or unsigned) or ASCII. To change the radix in waveform viewer:

1.. Right-click the bus signal value. 2.. After the bus context menu displays, select Decimal (Signed), Decimal (Unsigned), Binary, Hexadecimal or ASCII.

In ISE 9.1i release, you can type the following command in ISE simulator command console:

isim set radix hex

Below is the link to ISE 8.2i help file:

Xiaoqing Wu

simulator.

Reply to
Xiaqing Wu

Hi Fred,

This was actually a bug in ISE Simulator in the 8.xi versions. We have addressed this in ISE 9.1i. After doing some research we found out that a majority of users like to see the values in HEX rather than decimal. This is why in ISE 9.1i, ISE Simulator will always default to HEX in the waveforms.

Also another feature we have added is to save the settings such as the radix and the order of the signals once you have changed it. This is now saved on a per project basis, so the next time you reopen the simulation, if you had right clicked and selected that you wanted the bus to be in ASCII for example, then it will maintain your preference.

Hope that this helps Thanks Duth

Fred wrote:

Reply to
Duth

A rather belated thanks for your reply. I can change the radix as you say but if I carry out another simulation it forgets and reverts back to decimal. It looks as an upgrade to 9.1 is required. I just hope it hasn't got too many bugs added over 8.2!

Reply to
Fred

A belated many thanks for your reply. I think a moved to 9.1 is on the cards.

Reply to
Fred