ISE on Fedora?

I am running Fedora 6, and I am having trouble installing ISE WebPack. When I run the setup program it tells me that I don't have the right version of libstdc++, so I installed the compat-libstdc++ package. Now when I run setup, the program just quits immediately, with no error message at all.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks, Matt

Reply to
M E

The command line tools run fine on FC6 but the GUI tools don't. The Xilinx GUIs use Motif which is unsupported in FC6. The GPL Taliban in the Fedora Project had some petty dispute about the license in Open Motif so they replaced it with Lesstif, which doesn't work. I keep a Scientific Linux 4.4 (RHEL 4.4 clone) around to do my installs on and to use if I need the GUI (which is almost never, I do everything from scripts). Once you've installed the Xilinx tools on the SL box you can rsync the Xilinx directory to your FC6 box, that's what I do.

Reply to
B. Joshua Rosen

I had a problem that was quite similar. Check if you have turned off SELinux. Use "setenforce 0" for temporary disable.

regards Günther

Reply to
Günther Jehle

Looks like that fixed it! Thanks! But it's kind of strange that a user mode program, running as a normal user, with no need to access hardware, would run afoul of SELinux...

Matt

Reply to
M E

Are you running the x86_64 (64-bit) Fedora? If so, the WebPack startup scripts are trying to run 64-bit binaries (lin64 directory), which doesn't exist in WebPack. I had to edit the settings.sh file to force PLATFORM=lin.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Smith