[ISE] How to create and map user library in command-line?

Dear

I need to "make a script (or batch file) for ISE tool" in order to "crate and map" user libraries".

My VHDL code looks like following :

-- vhdl for TOP module ..... LIBRARY submodulelib; USE submodulelib.submodule_cmp_pkg.ALL; .....

In ISE tool, I did MANUALLY in the GUI as following : Project -> Add Source -> VHDL source

Problem is that there are too many user libraries, so that these steps in GUI are too time-consuming. I want to use a script (in command-line) for "library creation and mapping".

Could anyone help me with "how to create library and map user libraries", without using GUI?

I am using Linux (also Windows) and ISE 8.2.

By the way, I did following for MODELSIM simulation and it worked :

-- script for MODELSIM

-------------------------------------------------------------- /* generating library */ vlib submodulelib /* library mapping */ vmap submodulelib /opt/data/design/sim/submodulelib /* source compile */ /* package */ vcom -work submodulelib /opt/data/design/src/submodule_cmp_pkg.p.vhdl /* entity */ vcom -work submodulelib /opt/data/design/src/submodule.e.vhdl /* architecture */ vcom -work submodulelib /opt/data/design/src/submodule_rtl.a.vhdl /* configuration */ vcom -work submodulelib /opt/data/design/src/submodule_cfg.c.vhdl

Reply to
Pasacco

Easiest way is to compile everything into work and vmap everything to work

look in here for details:

Mike Treseler

Thankyou for nice pointer.

But it happened to me that I do need to separately "create and map libraries" in ISE.

Probably Xilinx ISE does not have commands such as vlib, vmap, vcom (that Modelsim has).

Thank you again for any comment.

Reply to
Pasacco

Have a look in the your_project_name.prj file.

Sylvain

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut

".prj file" contains "library creation and mapping". Thank you for comment.

I see following statements in the ".prj" file for one module.

-- Generated by GUI

vhdl submodulelib "../../src/submdule_pkg.p.vhdl" vhdl submodulelib "../../src/submdule.e.vhdl" vhdl submodulelib "../../src/submdule_rtl.a.vhdl" ......

Suddenly, I am confused. Let me ask question.

".prj file" does not look like a script.

Suppose we have the ".prj file", In order to actually "create and map libraries", what is next step to proceed?

Reply to
Pasacco

In the "XST User Guide" that comes ISE, there is an entire chapter "Command Line Mode". It discusses most of this. Another helpful place to look for clues is the .syr file, which is a log file for XST. Basically the .prj file is used as the -ifn parameter to the XST command line "run" command.

Reply to
Duane Clark

Well, it's not exactly a script but in this text file you have the mapping ... maybe you can try modify them there ...

I don't use the GUI and just the command line, and when I want to map something to a library I modify the prj file (you can modify it with a perl script if you have lots of thing to change).

Sylvain

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut