[ISE] How to create and map user library in command-line?

Dear

I need to "make a script (or batch file) for ISE tool"
in order to "crate and map" user libraries".

My VHDL code looks like following :
-- vhdl for TOP module
LIBRARY submodulelib;
USE submodulelib.submodule_cmp_pkg.ALL;

In ISE tool, I did MANUALLY in the GUI as following :
Project -> Add Source -> VHDL source

Problem is that
there are too many user libraries, so that these steps in GUI are too
time-consuming.
I want to use a script (in command-line) for "library creation and
mapping".

Could anyone help me with "how to create library and map user
libraries", without using GUI?

I am using Linux (also Windows) and ISE 8.2.

By the way, I did following for MODELSIM simulation and it worked :
-- script for MODELSIM
/* generating library */
vlib submodulelib
/* library mapping */
vmap          submodulelib  /opt/data/design/sim/submodulelib
/* source compile */
/* package */
vcom -work submodulelib /opt/data/design/src/submodule_cmp_pkg.p.vhdl
/* entity */
vcom -work submodulelib /opt/data/design/src/submodule.e.vhdl
/* architecture */
vcom -work submodulelib /opt/data/design/src/submodule_rtl.a.vhdl
/* configuration */
vcom -work submodulelib /opt/data/design/src/submodule_cfg.c.vhdl

Re: [ISE] How to create and map user library in command-line?

Easiest way is to compile everything into work
and vmap everything to work

look in here for details:
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=treseler+vmap+vlib+work

Re: How to create and map user library in command-line?
Thankyou for nice pointer.

But it happened to me that
I do need to separately "create and map libraries" in ISE.

Probably Xilinx ISE does not have commands
such as vlib, vmap, vcom (that Modelsim has).

Thank you again for any comment.

Re: How to create and map user library in command-line?

Have a look in the your_project_name.prj file.

   Sylvain

Re: How to create and map user library in command-line?
".prj file" contains "library creation and mapping".
Thank you for comment.

I see following statements in the ".prj" file for one module.
-- Generated by GUI

vhdl submodulelib "../../src/submdule_pkg.p.vhdl"
vhdl submodulelib "../../src/submdule.e.vhdl"
vhdl submodulelib "../../src/submdule_rtl.a.vhdl"

Suddenly, I am confused.
Let me ask question.

".prj file" does not look like a script.

Suppose we have the ".prj file",
In order to actually "create and map libraries", what is next step to
proceed?

Re: How to create and map user library in command-line?

In the "XST User Guide" that comes ISE, there is an entire chapter
"Command Line Mode". It discusses most of this. Another helpful place to
look for clues is the .syr file, which is a log file for XST. Basically
the .prj file is used as the -ifn parameter to the XST command line
"run" command.

Re: How to create and map user library in command-line?

Well, it's not exactly a script but in this text file you have
the mapping ... maybe you can try modify them there ...

I don't use the GUI and just the command line, and when I want
to map something to a library I modify the prj file (you can modify
it with a perl script if you have lots of thing to change).

Sylvain

Site Timeline