ISE 9.1 Installation crash SuSE 10.2

Hello

yesterday I ' ve tried to install ISE 9.1 on a openSuSE 10.2 system. Unfortunately the installation crashs after about 60% without messages.

I tried a different installation source -- same result.

Has someone any experience with openSuSE 10.2 and Xilinx ISE 9.1 installation ?

Best regards

Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Gauckler

Well, the experience I have is that I have successfully installed it on two such machines (both installed to /opt/Xilinx91i as root, which of course shoudn't make any difference). If I remember correctly, at least one installation run complained that there was too little space to install which wasn't true, so I installed anyway.

I haven't used it much yet, but have done a trial rerun of one smaller design which ran ok.

Have you looked at your /var/log/messages?

Reply to
Charles, NG

Solved !! Installation succeeded !!

I doubled ram to 1GB, I increased swap partition to 5G and I changed openSuSE 10.2 Distribution from easyLinux to Novel Distribution.

Andreas

Reply to
gauckler

On a sunny day (9 Feb 2007 03:55:10 -0800) it happened "gauckler" wrote in :

Did you also change your shoes? If so, then that was it.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Look for my message: " Installing Webpack 9.1 on "low-memory" machine (SUSE-10.2) " ...

Uwe Bonnes