ISE 9.1 Hierarchy Problem

I recently switched over to ISE 9.1 and I noticed a problem where ISE won't recognize the design hierarchy. Thinking that it might be something specific to my design, I tried the example design files provided with one of the Xilinx cores and lo and behold the design hierarchy is incorrect again.

Eventually I figured out that it is the synthesis directives (e.g. "// synthesis syn_noclockbuf = 1") that seem to cause this problem. When I remove the synthesis directives, ISE 9.1 recognizes the hierarchy correctly. This behavior is repeatable:

  1. When I remove the synthesis directives, the hierarchy appears correctly.
  2. When I include the synthesis directives, the hierarchy disappears.

Has anyone else noticed something similar or have any insight into fixing this problem?

Reply to
networkfabulous

For anyone still struggling with this issue, there is a workaround of this issue as mentioned in the Xilinx Answer Record # 24859:

networkfabulous