ISE 8.1 release delayed?

ISE 8.1 release was planned for mid nov, now its mid december soon, I wonder if it is known how much more the ISE 8.1 release is delaying? Xilinx is advertising ISE webcast on Dec 14, I wonder if that will only cover soon to be obsoleted 7.1 or be focused on 8.1?

Actually I am more waiting for the EDK 8.1 in the hope DDR2 support is added, but as EDK 8.1 release was projected 4 weeks after ISE 8.1 release I guess the EDK 8.1 actuall release date is slipping also :( most likely into

2006?

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

You may want to check the stockings by the fireplace.

Simon

wonder

into

Reply to
Simon Peacock

I got 8.1 this morning by electronic delivery. I haven't tried installing it yet. I'll wait till I have the current projects out of the way before subjecting myself to being a guinea pig again.

Reply to
Ray Andraka

I suppose the better question is, "when will the first service pack be available?"

-a

Reply to
Andy Peters

Andy, It's a brave (or possibly desperate) man who dives in before SP3! ;-) Cheers, Syms.

Reply to
Symon

Andy, It's a brave (or possibly desperate) man who dives in before SP3! ;-) Cheers, Syms.

Reply to
Symon

and an even better one.... "When will it be safe to unleash on legacy designs ? "

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Well Xilinx stopped working on 7.1 meaning they will never fix 7.1 so bugs present in 7.1 SP4 will remain unfixed. So there is no option as to be brave and go for 8.1 some day. The sooner the 8.1 is made available for testing the sooner it will come useable and those not so brave will also be able to use it.

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

The local FAE dropped off a copy of 8.1 yesterday.

It exists.

Tried it out for a while. No major issues noted. Some issues I was having with Spartan3e are fixed.

--
Phil Hays to reply solve: phil.hays at not(coldmail) dot com
 If not cold then hot