ise 6.2 + linuxdrivers.tar.gz + kernel 2.6

Hi, has anybody sucessfully compiled the kernel modules windrvr/xpc4drvr under kernel 2.6 ? The code seems to be not prepaired for kernels >2.5

linux_wrappers.c:43: /* only allow 2.0.x 2.2.y and 2.4.z */

Is there a newer verion available from xilinx rather than

ftp://ftp.xilinx.com/pub/swhelp/ise6_updates/linuxdrivers.tar.gz

?

thanks Joerg

Reply to
Joerg Ritter

Hi Joerg,

I've actually managed to compile the xpc4drv on Fedora Core 2 with an adapted Makefile and some editing in the sources, but I've utterly failed to get this damned windrvr6 working. The sources delivered by Xilinx are old, get the new ones at

- Jungo says, they are

2.6-enabled. Unfortunately this is not the truth, as using their Makefile doesn't use the 2.6er make-process. I've also created a small Makefile for this module, but on loading it I get a non-descriptive error-message :-P I've also tried their Makefile with some manual work and source-adapting and this isn't working either, same error-message. So until Jungo comes up with an actually working windrvr6 this isn't going so work.

Best regards, Alex

Joerg Ritter wrote:

Reply to
Alexander Wirtz