ISE 4.2i Impact and Windows XP not working

Hi folks, I have Xilinx ISE 4.2i installed in Windows XP system. Everything runs fine except the Impact program (the one you use to download the bitstream). It said unable to detect the cable or something like that. What can I do to make Impact run with Windows XP? I look at Xilinx website and they recommend to download Impact program that comes with Webpack 6.2i and use it to download the bitstream. But I would rather not to do that. I don't feel comfortable to have two different ISE in the same system.

Thanks in advance!

Hendra

Reply to
Hendra Gunawan

Unfortunately, Windows XP was not supported with 4.2i Xilinx software. The fcat that some tools work is merely serendipity. Version 5.X and

6.X are the first set of Xilinx tools that fully support WinXP.

You can download iMPACT only using WebPACK (choose configuration tools only) which creates an isolated installation that will not taint your

4.2 toolset

Hendra Gunawan wrote:

Reply to
Neil Glenn Jacobson