ISE

hi, in ise, the console window says "synthesis completed" but in the process for source, it still shows a question mark instead of an exclamatory mark(excla.. mark for synthesis complete).ans when u click sysnthesis report , it start the synthesis process all over again..if any one knows,pls let me know.

~Mack.

Reply to
mmkumar

Mack, A check mark in the Processes for Source window denotes a process that was run successfully. An exclamation mark indicates that the process was run and that there is a warning for the process. More information about warnings can be obtained in the Transcript window. What is the trace output in your Transcript window display?

-HT

Reply to
Herb T

Mack, The transcript window shows a "Console" tab, along with "Find in Files", "Warnings" and "Errors". Check you Warnings and Errors tab in the Transcript window.

-HT

Reply to
Herb T

click

Normally the synthesis only re-starts if the source has changed or the flow did not finish. One possible cause has been discussed here before. If at least some of your source files are not on the same computer you use for synthesis, the file system dating can cause ISE to think the source is newer than your most recent build.

Reply to
Gabor

I've seen this happen occasionally (ISE 6.3) but performing a dependent action (like translate after synthesize) does not cause re-synthesis, so I dont usually care.

Reply to
Jim George