is there any opensource alternatives to platformstudio and microblaze development?

is there any opensource alternatives to platformstudio and microblaze development?

Reply to
CMOS

Do you want open source for microblaze development specifically? Or opensource for any open source 32-bit embedded micro?

Lattice Mico32 development might fit the bill for the second...

Reply to
Gabor

im looking for a complete set of tools and ip cores with some good documentation.

tnaks

Reply to
CMOS

You might want to check out the LEON processors.

I never used them myself though. It's free if your project is open- source, if it's closed-source you must pay for the license.

You could also use some free cores from opencores.org. Lots of IP blocks there built around the Wishbone bus (including a few processors). But going this route, you don't have a nice integrated GUI that EDK provides.

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Dubois

There is a WISHBONE Builder project at opencores.org:

I have not used it, so I can not compare it to EDK.

There is also a collection of processors and other cores that use the WISHBONE interface:

Another site you might find interesting is the gEDA site at:

This is a collection of GPL EDA tools.

Regards,

John McCaskill

John McCaskill