interfacing DDR memory to a spartan-3

Hi

In order to connect a DDR memory component (not the DIMM) to spartan-3

- Is it better to use DCI on spartan-3 pins ? If so is there an example ?

- What sort of termination is required at the memory end.

- Is there a reference schemetic ?

Thanks Sumit

Reply to
do_not_reply_to_this_addr

Read XAPP200. I've build my own controller on base of that in XAPP and it works fairly well at 266 MHz.

Reply to
Vitus

Sumit,

Check out Application XAPP768c "Interfacing Spartan?3 Devices With 166 MHz or 333 Mb/s DDR SDRAM Memories" which can be accessed after registering for it on:

Cheers, Shal> Hi

Reply to
Shalin Sheth