Installing Quartus 6 "web edition full"

Is there a difference between Quartus "Web Edition" and "Web Edition Full"?

I bought the NIOS development kit which came with Quartus 5.1 Web Edition Full

I now want to replace it with the standard Quartus 6 WEb Edition, but the program won't allow me to enter a new (downoladed) license file, nor it will perform the automatic web license update Message: "Can't find a newer license file for this system at the Altera website, contact Altera Customer service"

Does anybody know what may be going on?

I have raised a service request on the altera website, but I suspect they may take a very long time to respond.

Any help appreciated

TIA

Reply to
edaudio2000

The big difference is file size.

For some reason the large NIOS version downloads without restriction while the smaller plain version now requires registration on the website before download. Don't know why.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

There is no difference between the Quartus II 5.1 Web Edition and Quartus II

5.1 Web Edition Full. The name difference stems from the fact that the Quartus II 5.1 Web Edition Full is a single file download while the Quartus II 5.1 Web Edition is a three file download (for folks with slower links). If you received a CD with web edition you would have the Quartus II 5.1 Web Edition Full.

If you have a new license file go to Tools->License Setup and point to the file you have in the License File Entry at the top.

Hope this helps, Subroto Datta Altera Corp.

Reply to
Subroto Datta