Installing BFM toolkit

Dear All,

Can anybody tell me what I have to do to install the BFM toolkit?

When I follow the link "BFM Toolkit Installation Instructions" in the step 7 of XPS's Create and Import Peripheral Wizard, I arrive to this age

but I don't know what to do next.

Do I have to pay for it?

Tanks

jm

Reply to
jmariano

Hi jm,

i noticed that the link to download the BFM Toolkit has gone away with the EDK 8.1 release. I don't know why. You can still use the "old" (i don't know if there are any "new" ones) models supplied with 7.1 for BFM simulation in 8.1. The BFM compiler itself (xilbfc) is already included in 8.1

Regards

Jens

Reply to
jenze

Hi Jens,

Sorry for the late replay and tanks for your input. I was able to solve my problem by simulating my core directly in ISE, but my the problem remains.

I'm using XPS 7.1, so if I understand correctly, I have to change to

8.1, to preform BFM simulation, since the wizard in XPS 7.1 doesn't allows me to do so, since I don't have the BFM toolkit installed.

Regards

jm

Reply to
jmariano

Hi jm,

what i try to say is that you can "port" the BFM 7.1 tollkit for use in EDK 8.1. Of course you can use the BFM 7.1 with EDK 7.1 ;). Anyway, you must have access to some BFM toolkit to get BFM models. The BFM toolkit was supplied by xilinx for free for 6.3 and 7.1 (you only have to sign up for the coreconnect suite), so i see no problem if i give the BFM

7.1 toolkit to you, since its not available from the xilinx website any longer. Please contact me directly (mail).

Regards

Jens

jmariano schrieb:

Reply to