Install two version of EDK/ISE (8.1, 8.2) in my windows xp?

Is it possible to install two diferent versions of EDK/ISE, that is, one EDK/ISE 8.1 and another EDK/ISE 8.2. The reson is that I need the first one for simulink, but my custom board uses the second one (for the drivers). I suppose that the problem is the "Path Variable".

Has anyone some experience in this?.

I will post my results as soon as possible.

Regards, Pablo

Reply to
Pablo

You only need to create some littel batch files around the calls to porject navigated and edk, setting the corresponding variables: this is my batch file for EDK 8.2:

set LMC_HOME=c:\Xilinx8.2\smartmodel\nt\installed_nt set XILINX=c:\Xilinx8.2 set XILINX_EDK=C:\EDK8.2 set PATH=%XILINX_EDK%\bin\nt;%XILINX%\bin\nt;%PATH% bin\nt\xps_sdk.exe

It works nice.

Regards,

Zara

Reply to
Zara

I have several directories, c:\xilinx8.1, c:\xilinx8.2 etc. I just rename the one I want to use to c:\xilinx . HTH, Syms.

Reply to
Symon

I also recommend Symon's method. _Usually_ the method that Zara mentions works well but I once had a problem when Xilinx had not been installed in C:\Xilinx. Better stick to the default directory.

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Dubois

First of all, thanks for your advices. I am agree with Patrick. For me I choose the Symon's method, but at finally I will make the Zara scripts because this computer has to be programmed by most of people.

Regards,

Pablo

Reply to
Pablo

in the case why not have a script that does the renaming ??

Reply to
MikeJ