Input Timing Specification

Hi all,

I have a signal that is valid 2 ns before the active clock edge and stays valid until 5 ns after the active clock edge. Is there a possibilty to put this constraint into the ucf file?

any hints are welcome

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas

TIMEGRP MyInputs OFFSET = IN 2 ns VALID 7 ns BEFORE MyClk;

Reply to
John_H

thanks although I cannot meet the spec, up to now :(

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas

If you cannot meet the setup time, register the input in the IOB will probably help.

HTH, Jim snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (remove capital letters)

Jim Wu