initial block processing in XST 8.1, part 2

All-

On pg 498 of the 8.1i XST Users Guide, it says "Since initial blocks are ignored during synthesis...".

But our FAE has sent Verilog examples showing initial block examples for RAMs, FSMs, and FFs, saying it's not just for simulation, but also used during synthesis.

Can I ask Xilinx persons to confirm that XST 8.1 is doing this synthesis inside initial blocks, and this behavior isn't going to go away, even though it's not Verilog 2001 complaint?

Steve (Knapp), can you help?

Thanks.

-Jeff

Reply to