information required

Hi everyone,        Iam an student having doubt in LVDS communication, Let say xilinx vertex FPGA is used for this pupose.        I have LVDS transmitter and receiver, No AC coupling is been used between them. Let say transmitter is in one board and receiver is in another board connected through backplane (no AC coupling), I am not recoevring the clock at the receiver, clock (77.77MHz) given to both transmitter and receiver through single source.        Do i need to use any scrambling or encoding techniques before transmitting the bit stream over LVDS to remove DC offset for better BER? Thanks in Advance,

Reply to
Guest

Peter Alfke

Dear Sir, Thanks, is it ok if i designed with DC coupling for 155.54 MHz serial LVDS link or do i need to use AC coupling. I have used Xilinx termination technique (resistor network) at both transmitter (Spartan FPGA used) and receiver (spartan FPGA used). Is the design will work for above configuration, Thanks in Advance, Regards, Karthik

Reply to
Karthik