Implementation of 1024 point FFT in Actel FPGA

Hai,

I want to do the main project as Implementation of 1024 point FFT in Actel FPGA.I have to find a new frequency identification algorithm other than Fast Fourier Transform.Please give valuable notes,codes and suggestions for successully completing this project.

Thanking you. I.Sivakumar

Reply to
cisivakumar

Mr Sivakumar,

I'm not quite sure what stage in your studies you're at -- I'm going to guess this is a project for the last year of a university degree in electronic engineering. Does the university give a list of titles for possible projects and ask you to pick one?

I think your career prospects would be more improved by taking courses in how to write formal English than by finishing this project. What you've written comes across as very terse and rather rude; you make no indication that you've put work into the project yourself before asking people to help you. "Please give" is a perfunctory request; a more humble form like "could anyone offer me" might well make people more keen to reply.

I _think_ that any method for identifying frequencies has to be equivalent to the Fourier transform, basically by the definition of 'frequency'. You could use the definition of frequency as repetitiveness, and compute autocorrelations (pick the value of a to maximise sum f(N) f(N+a)) but the efficient way of computing autocorrelations is via the FFT again.

Tom

Reply to
Thomas Womack

You might look up Hadamard transforms. I never was able to find any references to the Van Geen transform, but there was an article in about 1965 in the ARRL magazine by a John (I think) Van Geen who built an amazingly simple frequency detection analyzer using simple digital circuits. His ADC was taken to the degenerate form of 1 bit (a comparator). I think some later "audio spectrum analyzer" modules used his technique, so it ought to be written up somewhere.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Has anyone tried the Goertzel Algorithm?? I read about it in the embedded magazine.

Brijesh

Reply to
Brijesh