Impact won't program XC3S200, does program XC3SD1800A

Hi everyone,

My setup: ISE10.1 webpack, Digilent Spartan 3 kit, ExtremeDSP 1800A kit, Digilent parallel JTAG cable, Ubuntu 7.10.

With xc3sprog I can write my configuration files to the Spartan-3 kit. As xc3sprog doesn't support the XC3SD1800A, I switched to using Impact with Michael Gernoth's libusb preloaded by LD_PRELOAD. This works fine for the XC3SD1800A kit, but fails for the Spartan-3 kit, 'done' doesn't go high.

Hardware-wise, everything seems fine. Does anyone have an idea what could cause ISE10.1 impact not to work with the XC3S200, but work well with the XC3SD1800A ?

Regards, Paul Boven.

Reply to
Paul Boven

latest impact are known to fail to configure some parts if mode is not set to JTAG also when configuration flash is erased. with earlier versions it was different.

so you may need to traverse back the impact versions to find one that works

Antti

Reply to
Antti

same issue here..., try to reload once again, then twice... try disconnect starter kit after a while, you should have "done" that goes '1'...

Reply to
rponsard