iMPACT "Programming Failed"

I am using iMPACT trying to download to a Spartan II-E FPGA on a digilent D2E board, but for some reason every time I download this particular code's bit file I got "Programming Failed". I have downloaded other bit files and they programmed fine but this particular file I have problem with. All the synthesis and place and route steps were fine.

PROGRESS_START - Starting Operation. Validating chain... Boundary-scan chain validated successfully. Validating chain... Boundary-scan chain validated successfully. '1':Programming device... done. INFO:iMPACT:579 - '1': Completed downloading bit file to device. INFO:iMPACT:580 - '1':Checking done pin ....done. '1': Programming terminated, Done did not go high. PROGRESS_END - End Operation. Elapsed time = 9 sec.

Reply to
Joelle

How do you know that the synthesis and place/route work fine? Did you actually look at the text file of synthesis and place/route report and make sure there are no errors or warning? When you sythesize and place/route, are you sure you specified the right chip? One other thing, I think that particular board has problem in multiple consecutive download process. Sometimes, unplugging and replugging the power suppy fix the problem.

Hendra

Reply to
Hendra Gunawan

Just a thoght: Did you specify JTAG clock as the startup clock when generating the bit file?

Jim snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (remove capital letters)

BH

If the Virtex/spartan2 FPGA is set up for master serial mode and has a programmed serial PROM connected this may interfer with boundary scan programming. See Xilinx database record no. 9013 for solutions. Note that currently there are problems with Impact when trying to set the PROM in HIGHZ mode.

Bent.

Reply to
BentC

Hi,

Yes, you must check in Generate Programming File properties about JTAG, and put the PORT switch of the Nu board in the JTAG position.

Anyway, have you seen if the design has gone correctly to the FPGA? I have the same problem with the same message, but the bit sequence transfer works for me.

Luck, Santiago.

Reply to
sanpab