IIR FPGA 'crosspost'

Hi,

I have posted on comp.dsp about this and got interesting answers. I have just discovered this group so I would like to know if some of you have something to add...

I have designed a 26 order IIR filter (13 biquads)

Someone proposed on comp.dsp to use direct form I saying that it's was not the best structure for optimising the FPGA "space", the easiest to design though.

I know that biquads implementation are better to control problems that occurs with FPGA

By the way, I think that, when I will have succeed in designing a efficient 2nd order cells on the FPGA, I will be able to do any order of filters. As I will know how much "space" a single cell takes, I will

just need to connect these cells in cascade.

Do you think that Direct-Form (or even tranposed) I 2nd order structures with a pipeline at 2*Freq is the best way to achieve such a design?

My sample rate is 18 Mhz.

Thanks for your help.

NB : The post on comp.dsp was titled "FPGA"

Reply to
stephaneo

Ray Andraka