IBIS Model V5 GTP output

As per my understanding V5 GTP support 1.2V CML standard. I downloaded the V5 IBIS model from Xilinx website but it does not seem to contain V5 GTP (1.2V cml) model.

How can I get the 1.2V CLM IBIS model for V5 GTP?

Thanks

Vimal

Reply to
Vimal

You can only get special encrypted SPICE-models for GTPs, no IBIS-models.

To simulate those, you normally need a software upgrade, too, i.e. HyperLynx with the GHz option and a SPICE-simulator.

I've only done this with the RocketIOs in Virtex2-Pro, but I suppose the same applies for the GTPs.

Back then I simulated with this kit:

HTH, Sean

--
My email address is only valid until the end of the month.
Try figuring out what the address is going to be after that...

Thanks for providing the link for Virtex2 pro ibis model.

I do have HyperLynx GHZ but I do not have the HSPICE software. Also as per my undestanding Xilinx has changed their GTP I/O design for V5. V5 supports 1.2V CML standard, I will check into what Virtex2 pro supported.

Thanks.

Vimal

Reply to
Vimal

Same problem here. We bought HyperLynx specifically to simulate RocketIOs... when we first tried it out, it turned out you neeed the GHz option in addition to the tool itself, which the distri never told us about. And after we bought that, too, we still needed the SPICE simulator, again, noone told us that was not included

V2P is/was CML 1.5V. You of course need the model for V5, but everything else is the same (i.e. you need HyperLynx with GHz option and SPICE support), as far as I know.

cu, Sean

--
My email address is only valid until the end of the month.
Try figuring out what the address is going to be after that...
Reply to
Sean Durkin

I tried using the Virtex2 pro Rocketio toolkit using HyperLynx version 7.7. I am having some problem simulating it. The software is not able to locate the WDB server. I do not know what it means.

It gives following error:

Error running ADMS: No WDB server present.

I will have to check with our Mentor contact and resolve this. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

My initial reaction to this is that it is a bit more involved then what I expected. I was hoping that I will have the ibis model that I can associate with a differential driver and receiver.

Thanks.

Vimal

Reply to
Vimal