i2c controller and Linux driver

Hi !

I need to create a I2C controller in FPGA and write or rewrite a I2C driver for linux running on xscale.

Any idea how?

If I use allready written standard HDL code and rewrite the driver or rewrite a HDL code and use linux driver in I2C package?

thanks, Sasa

Reply to
Sasa Bremec

Why not simply use two GPIO of the XScale for that ... and the linux driver would already been written.

Sylvain

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut

driver would already been written.

:( unfortunately the Xscale is not connected directly to the I2C devices on board, that is why I have to implement the I2C core in FPGA, I use FPGA as glue logic and now is the problem of chose the easiest way.

Driver or core, that is a question now :)

thanks, Bart

Reply to
Sasa Bremec