I need a commercial PCI FPGA board, please help

I need an FPGA board with a 64-bit 66MHz PCI bus and Linux drivers,
and I need to be able to demo it, and I need it fast.

If that's not demanding enough I can add more requirements.

I have looked through 53 vendors so far and there are no real winners.

Thanks in advance.

Re: I need a commercial PCI FPGA board, please help

Annapolis Micro Firebird, http://www.annapmicro.com/firebird_pci.html

Bunch of stuff like the PCI speeds you require and a 1 to 2 million gate
Virtex.

Never tried one, though I wouldn't have to be asked twice if someone wanted
me to play with one.

Re: I need a commercial PCI FPGA board, please help
Have you looked at Nallatech? We have one of their PCI boards in use in an
R&D project - I don't knbow all the performance details but I'm sure there's
some Linux support.

Glenn

http://www.nallatech.com /

Re: I need a commercial PCI FPGA board, please help
Hi Seth,

You may want to take a look at the APEX or Stratix PCI Development Kits from
Altera: http://www.altera.com/products/devkits/kit-dev_platforms.jsp .

The Stratix PCI kit looks pretty cool, and comes with the following
features:
    - Stratix 1S25 device (cutting-edge fpga)
    - PCI 32-bit/64-bit, 33/66 Mhz (PCI spec 2.3)
    - 133 Mhz PCI-X (PCI-X 2.0 Mode 1)
    - 3.3V and 5V tolerance
    - 256 MB of DDR266 memory
    - On-board flash for the FPGA
    - Ethernet 10/100 and RS-232 connectors
    - A whole bunch of debugging stuff
    - Can hook up to the Nios Development Kit (which is also pretty nifty)

Go to http://www.altera.com/products/devkits/altera/kit-pci_stx.html for
more details.

If you are interested in this dev kit, I'd talk to an Altera rep or file an
issue with mysupport.altera.com to determine whether what you want to do on
Linux is feasible.

*** Best guesses below -- contact Altera to be sure! ***

If you willing to develop the hardware under Windows, then port the device
drivers on Linux, that looks like it can be done.  The kit ships with the
Windows version of Jungo's WinDriver software, but according to their web
site a Linux edition is available and they claim that the driver code is
cross-OS portable so this *should* work.  Quartus is available for Linux, so
you could do your hardware coding under Linux.  But the Stratix PCI
Development Kit Application is made for Windows, so you would have to do
without that aspect of the tool-kit.  It *is* open-source if you're the
adventurous type!

Good luck in your hunt,

Paul Leventis
Altera Corp.

Re: I need a commercial PCI FPGA board, please help
Hi Seth,

Have you looked at www.avvida.com?

We make and sell a 64-bit 66-MHz board with 1 to 5 Stratix FPGAs and a
lot of I/O and external memory.

One of our customers is developing Linux drivers, which we can bundle
with the board.

Peter Sommerfeld
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Re: I need a commercial PCI FPGA board, please help
Following are the links of Avnet Xilinx Virtex-II And Virtex-E
Development Kits:

http://www.cilicon.com/em/en/evk/home/0,1729,NAT%3DALL%26SID%3D100%26TTL%3D%26S
RT%3DlaunchDate%26MID%3D%26CID%3D35461%26RID%3D0%26PID%3D%26LID%3D4%26CT
P%3DEVK,00.html

http://www.cilicon.com/em/en/evk/home/0,1729,NAT%3DALL%26SID%3D100%26TTL%3D%26S
RT%3DlaunchDate%26MID%3D%26CID%3D36885%26RID%3D0%26PID%3D%26LID%3D4%26CT
P%3DEVK,00.html

==============================
Asfandyar Khan
Design Engineer