I have a problem with Excalibur Stripe Simulator(ESS)

I'm working with "Excalibur Stripe Simulator" (ESS) in order to simulate the stripe conected to my vhdl design (software-hardware simulation).

This design includes my coprocessor and alt_exc_stripe entity which is included in the alt_exc_stripe_ess.vhd file, the path of this file is: $QESS_ROOTDIR/eda/sim_lib/excalibur/lpm. In adition, I have included in the ModelSim project the file ess_hdl including alt_exc_upcore entity.

I have created the ess_options.txt file with the desired options and the memory inicialization file (MIF) (using Quartus II software). Both files are included in the simulation directory.

I have configured AXD Debugger as the user guide explains. In the ModelSim software, I have run alteradebugger.do macro, compiled the files and loaded my design. Finally, I have run modelsim with -all options. The console (in the ModelSim) shows: info:waitin for connection from software debugger simulation halt requested by foreign interface After that, I have opened and configure AXD Debugger, it shows: info:Logic simulator conection successful and then, the ModelSim accepts software debugger conection.

From AXD Debugger, when I press the "go" button, the modelsim screem shows:

simulation halt requested by foreign interface run -continue This message is shown a lot of time and then I can not control the debugger.

Do yo have any idea about the reason why this problem appears?

Thank you

Sincerly

Reply to
Rosalva Carrascosa