HydraXC + EDK

HI,

I'm struggling with an EDK project and a HydraXC here. First of all I can't get the Hydra to work. I loaded a sample design (PPC linux) from the CD onto the SD card, inserted it and turned on the power. Shouldn't I see some output on the RS232 (set to 19200). About the power. I found in the documentation that it needs a 3,3 V supply but the leds on the board only turn on if I use 5V. the HydraXC (its a XC50) is sitting on an eval board (Evalboard S V1.0) so I assume there is a 5V to 3,3 regulator but I cant find any documentation for it. Any ideas or links here?

The other thing is with my EDK Design. I'm using a power pc in it and just wanted to create s simple "hello world" for now. I generate the bit file and then copy it onto the SD card right? Is there perhaps a tutorial for how to create an EDK project for the hydra? I can't really find any documentation or tutorial for the hydra besides the HydraXC user manual (V 2006).

thanks Urban

Reply to
u_stadler

you should info as needed from there:

but support from there links to site maintained by ME, and I just now did take it offline.

anyway EDK reference designs are delivered on the support DVD, so just take it from there.

Antti Lukats

Reply to
Antti

hi

Thanks for the link. Well the problem is the this is a university project and I'm stuck with what they gave me which is the hydraXC module on the eval board and a zip file containing the HydraXC user manual and something that looks like a sample project. Within the zip file in that sample project there is a folder with 2 files: top.bit and image.bin. What I did first was i formatted the sd card to fat 16 and then copied the 2 file on it. Inserted the sd card into the hydra and powered on. but nothing happens. shouldn't I see some output on the serial interface?

When I generate a bitstream with EDK I follow the same procedure right? Copy onti the sd card and power on?

Btw: I followed your link but either I'm blind or the site does not contain any manuals or sample projects.

thanks urban

Reply to
u_stadler

Hi,

I did give the current official link to the manufacturers website.

But as of "unofficial" informtion the all hydraXC project/product range is officially dead already more then 6 months ago. My guess one reason for this is also the fact that the supplier never made the documents available online.

You should try asking for the "support DVD" that includes EDK projects etc.

try simple things:

1) make LED ON bitfile, that you can test it is loaded ok. select JTAG as startup clock !!!! 2) format miniSD FAT16 3) copy download.bit to sd card

check the LEDs

Antti

Reply to
Antti

thank you!! already found the problem: rs232 connector was loose and therefore I did not see anything...

Reply to
u_stadler

:)

yes connectors are very often the problem

Antti

Reply to
Antti